Friday, July 24, 2009

Rate Your Relationship

Here’s a quiz to help you determine the value of your networking relationships. Jot down the name of a networking contact, then use the quiz to rate that relationship and to figure out the next steps to take to build a long-term relationship.

Instructions: Answer Yes if you agree with the comment; No if you cannot agree with the comment.

My Networking Contact ______________________ (Answer yes or no to each of the following.)

1. Recognizes my name instantly when I call.

2. Knows me well enough to recognize me “out of context,” in a new setting.

3. Demonstrates knowing my face and my name by coming up to me in a crowd and saying hello and by introducing me accurately to others.

4. Has my contact information handy.

5. Knows the name of my organization and where it is located so well that he/she could give people directions to it.

6. Can accurately describe what I do.

7. Gives vivid examples of what I do.

8. Knows that I am good at what I do and can cite reasons why my work is superior.

9. Knows of some independent verifi cation of my expertise – an award, certifi cation, thirdparty endorsement.

10. Regularly sends me valuable information and resources.

11. Responds to requests from me.

12. Knows what kinds of people could use my services and is on the lookout for them.

13. Always speaks well of me to other people and passes my name around.

14. Makes a habit of referring valuable information and contacts to me.

15. Consistently creates opportunities to stay in touch with me.

Copyright, 2009, Contacts Count


Is your contact an actor or ally or advocate? If you don't know, that means you could benefit from MAKE YOUR CONTACTS COUNT! You need to understand what type of relationship you have, in order to take an appropriate 'next step' to building a long-term, trusting relationship.

Suggestion: Get the book MAKE YOUR CONTACTS COUNT (Baber & Waymon, Amacom) from the library, or buy it http://tinyurl.com/BuyDiscountedBook or sign up for a local Contacts Count workshop, or listen to a webinar! http://www.training-insights.com/ or send an email to sue@training-insights.com to learn about upcoming programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment